Your donations make it possible for us to build homes in the Waterville area. Donate now to help build homes for hardworking local families so they can escape unsafe living conditions and enjoy the pride of home ownership in our communities.
Volunteers are the heart of our organization. We are always looking for both individual and group volunteers to work at the Waterville Area Habitat for Humanity ReStore, to build Habitat homes, or to serve on our supporting committees. Please volunteer to help us on AND off the build site.
If you have any question, need more information, or would like to get involved, please contact us.
Established in 2001, Waterville Area Habitat for Humanity is a locally-managed affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. WAHFH’s mission is to enhance our community by helping qualified families to become independent owners of decent, affordable homes. WAHFH serves the communities of Albion, Belgrade, Benton, China, Clinton, Fairfield, Oakland, Rome, Smithfield, Unity, Vassalboro, Waterville, and Winslow.
Every 2 or 3 years we are able to build a house for a deserving family. We also are an active participant in a weatherization program. At this time we do not do remodeling or repair projects.
Habitat’s vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Non-proselytizing policy Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations will not proselytize. Nor will HFH work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with HFH. This means that HFH will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
The Habitat for Humanity Weatherization Program provides up to $600 of materials installed by supervised WAHFH volunteer labor to help weatherize a qualified house. We will do “before” and “after” energy audits to measure the air leaks of your house. Our weatherization goal is to reduce air leaks and energy use by 25% or more. The potential heating savings can be used by the homeowner for other budget items while enjoying a home that is more comfortable to live in.
Do you and your house qualify for the WAHFH Weatherization Program?
1. Do you own a single-family house?
2. Mobile homes do not currently qualify for WAHFH weatherization assistance.
3. Is your house located in Albion, Belgrade, Benton, China, Clinton, Fairfield, Oakland, Rome, Smithfield, Unity, Vassalboro, Waterville, or Winslow?
4. Does your annual family income fall below the limits listed below?
# in Household
5. For which assistance programs do you currently qualify?
6. Are you willing and able to contribute $50.00 toward weatherization materials, payable before the date on which your house is weatherized?
7. Are you willing and able to invest 4-6 hours working with WAHFH volunteers on weatherizing your house? If you cannot do physical work yourself, are you able to provide someone else to help with the work on your house? If not, and this is the only thing preventing your qualifying for weatherization assistance, please tell us. We may be able to help you meet this requirement and qualify!
8. If you qualify, WAHFH will do a pre-weatherization inspection of your house to determine if it is suitable for the Weatherization Program. Typically, 30-50% of inspected Maine houses qualify.