The Habitat for Humanity Weatherization Program provides up to $600 of materials installed by supervised WAHFH volunteer labor to help weatherize a qualified house. We will do “before” and “after” energy audits to measure the air leaks of your house. Our weatherization goal is to reduce air leaks and energy use by 25% or more. The potential heating savings can be used by the homeowner for other budget items while enjoying a home that is more comfortable to live in.
Do you and your house qualify for the WAHFH Weatherization Program?
1. Do you own a single-family house?
2. Mobile homes do not currently qualify for WAHFH weatherization assistance.
3. Is your house located in Albion, Belgrade, Benton, China, Clinton, Fairfield, Oakland, Rome, Smithfield, Unity, Vassalboro, Waterville, or Winslow?
4. Does your annual family income fall below the limits listed below?
|MAINE 2014 ADJUSTED HOME LOW INCOME (80%) LIMITS|
|# in Household –>||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Kennebec County ($ of income)||34650||39600||44550||49450||53450||57400||61350||65300|
5. For which assistance programs do you currently qualify?
6. Are you willing and able to contribute $50.00 toward weatherization materials, payable before the date on which your house is weatherized?
7. Are you willing and able to invest 4-6 hours working with WAHFH volunteers on weatherizing your house? If you cannot do physical work yourself, are you able to provide someone else to help with the work on your house? If not, and this is the only thing preventing your qualifying for weatherization assistance, please tell us. We may be able to help you meet this requirement and qualify!
8. If you qualify, WAHFH will do a pre-weatherization inspection of your house to determine if it is suitable for the Weatherization Program. Typically, 30-50% of inspected Maine houses qualify.
Please contact us to find out if you
qualify for our Weatherization Program
or if you would like to
volunteer to work with WAHFH.
Waterville Area Habitat for Humanity
P.O. Box 1972
Waterville, ME 04903-1972